World Explorer Premium
Designed by professional cartographers, Collins Bartholomew World Explorer Premium is our
flagship seamless and up-to-date digital vector map of the World. It offers sophisticated feature coding and impressive depth of content
which will help you create attractive and accurate maps of anywhere in the world and to your own specification.
- 27 geographic data layers
- 423 individual feature codes
- Country, territory or sovereign state boundaries
- 1st order internal administrative boundaries where available
- ISO 3166 country code attribution
- Town status classification (administrative capital, national to 4th order)
- 90,000 place names
- Suitable for use at scales up to 1:3,000,000
- Quarterly updates available
Designed and maintained by the team behind the prestigious Times Comprehensive Atlas of the World,
the accuracy and authority of the content is second to none. Complete cartographic feature coding gives you
enormous flexibility when designing maps for display on screen or for output as printed maps. For example, 20
different types of road are identified, while the coding for rivers models their relative importance both between
and within drainage basins.
Boundaries are rigorously checked and verified in order to give an accurate picture of
world political geography as it is today. First order internal administrative divisions are included for all
countries of the world.
The rich feature coding also supports complex GIS applications, where detailed knowledge of the
earth’s surface is required.
Vertical integrity between content in different layers is maintained. For example, towns have
roads going to them meaning that you can not only find a place, but how to get there as well.
There are many possible uses for World Explorer Premium, these include:
- Academic research
- Creation of maps for media broadcast and print
- Defence and strategic planning
- Production of maps and charts for the aviation industry
- Global location based querying
- Global asset tracking
- Telecommunications and network coverage analysis
- Insurance and risk mapping
- Environmental and meteorological R&D
The data we supply is in ESRI Shape format or MapInfo TAB format. If you require an alternative format
then don't hesitate to contact us and we will endeavour to supply the format you require.
World Explorer Premium is 667MB in shape file format and 427MB in Tab format.
A major release is made in June each year with updates also available in September, December and March.
If you require further information on this or any of our other products and services, then please contact
either our technical
support group or our sales team.
|Licence term ||3 months ||6 months ||1 year ||2 years (pa) ||3 years (pa)|
|Single-user ||£1,031 ||£1,650 ||£2,750 ||£1,792 ||£1,375 |
|Multi-user 2 ||£1,547 ||£2,475 ||£4,125 ||£3,713 ||£3,506 |
|Multi-user5 ||£2,063 ||£3,300 ||£5,500 ||£4,950 ||£4,675 |
|Multi-user 10 ||£2,578 ||£4,125 ||£6,875 ||£6,188 ||£5,844 |
|Multi-user 15 ||£3,094 ||£4,950 ||£8,250 ||£7,425 ||£7,013 |
|Multi-user 25 ||£4,125 ||£6,600 ||£11,000 ||£9,900 ||£9,350 |
|Multi-user 50 ||£5,156 ||£8,250 ||£13,750 ||£12,375 ||£11,688 |
|Multi-user 100 ||£6,188 ||£9,900 ||£16,500 ||£14,850 ||£14,025 |
|Multi-user250 ||£8,250 ||£13,200 ||£22,000 ||£19,800 ||£18,700 |
|Multi-user 500 ||£10,313 ||£16,500 ||£27,500 ||£24,750 ||£23,375 |
|Corporate ||£12,375 ||£19,800 ||£33,000 ||£29,700 ||£28,050 |
|Internet b2c (non commercial) ||£1,031 ||£1,650 ||£2,750 ||£2,475 ||£2,338 |
|Internet b2c (i.e. ASP etc) ||£2,578 ||£4,125 ||£6,875 ||£6,188 ||£5,844 |
- Single-user: Internal use only by 1 user. Unlimited internal business use hard copy dissemination. After the first year, single-user 1 year licences are discounted by 50%. Minimum order value applies.
- Multi-user : Internal use only by licenced number of concurrent users either accessing the data from individual PCs or via an intranet. Unlimited internal business use hard copy dissemination.
- Corporate: Internal use by an unlimited number of users either accessing the data from individual PCs or via an intranet. Unlimited internal business use hard copy dissemination. External - unlimited use of data within b2c web applications.
- Internet b2c: Use of data within free to access, public facing web applications. Data may reside and be accessed from a single internet server utilising a Unique Reference Locator (URL) domain address. Multi domain names may exist for the single internet server.
- Internet b2b: Use of data within revenue generating web applications. Data may reside and be accessed from a single internet server utilising a Unique Reference Locator (URL) domain address. Multi domain names may exist for the single internet server.
All fees above are subject to VAT where appropriate.
All fees include updates when available.
Minimum order value - £250 plus VAT.
Below are some examples of mapping created from the World Explorer Premium dataset.
Sample mapping from the Collins Discovery Atlas
Sample mapping from the Times Comprehensive Atlas of the World 11th Edition