World Explorer Premium
World Explorer Premium is our seamless and up-to-date world map data product covering the whole world. If you’re looking for street level mapping, then this isn’t the product for you, but if you’re looking for a dataset designed to make maps with authoritative content that’s continuously maintained then look no further.
Particular attention is paid to the way international boundaries and disputed territories are portrayed so that we can provide users with an accurate and impartial view of world political geography. We also focus on the internal administrative structure of each country and the way names are spelt.
Such attention to detail means that World Explorer Premium is the dataset of choice for many high profile international organisations who need access to a world vector map dataset that they can trust to create attractive and accurate maps of anywhere in the world and to their own specification.
- 27 geographic data layers
- 429 individual feature codes
- Country, territory or sovereign state boundaries
- 1st order internal administrative boundaries where available
- ISO 3166 country code attribution
- Town status classification (administrative capital, national to 4th order)
- 90,000 place names
- Suitable for use at scales up to 1:3,000,000
- Quarterly updates
World Explorer Premium is most commonly used where immediate access to an authoritative and up-to-date map of anywhere in the world is a requirement. Our customers often acknowledge that it saves them time (and therefore money), because being able to use World Explorer Premium means they don’t have to maintain a similar type of dataset themselves. World Explorer Premium is often used in
- Academic research
- Creation of maps for media broadcast and print
- Production of maps and charts for the aviation industry
- Global location based querying
- Telecommunications and network coverage analysis
- Insurance and risk mapping
- Environmental and meteorological R&D
The data we supply is in ESRI Shape format or MapInfo TAB format. If you require an alternative format then don’t hesitate to contact us and we will endeavour to supply the format you require.
World Explorer Premium is 667MB in shape file format and 427MB in Tab format.
A major release is made in June each year with updates also available in September, December and March.
If you require further information on this or any of our other products and services, then please contact us.
|Licence Term||3 months||6 months||1 year||2 years (pa)||3 years (pa)|
|Internet b2c (non commercial)||£1031||£1650||£2750||£2475||£2338|
|Internet b2c (i.e. ASP etc)||£2578||£4125||£6875||£6188||£5844|
- Single-user: Internal use only by 1 user. Unlimited internal business use hard copy dissemination. After the first year, single-user 1 year licences are discounted by 50%. Minimum order value applies.
- Multi-user : Internal use only by licensed number of concurrent users either accessing the data from individual PCs or via an intranet. Unlimited internal business use hard copy dissemination.
- Corporate: Internal use by an unlimited number of users either accessing the data from individual PCs or via an intranet. Unlimited internal business use hard copy dissemination. External – unlimited use of data within b2c web applications.
- Internet b2c: Use of data within free to access, public facing web applications. Data may reside and be accessed from a single internet server utilising a Unique Reference Locator (URL) domain address. Multi domain names may exist for the single internet server.
- Internet b2b: Use of data within revenue generating web applications. Data may reside and be accessed from a single internet server utilising a Unique Reference Locator (URL) domain address. Multi domain names may exist for the single internet server.
All fees above are subject to VAT where appropriate.
When available, updates will be supplied at no cost as part of the licence.
Collins Bartholomew offers a flexible approach to licensing and data supply, so please contact us if the structure above does not meet your requirements.
All licence purchases are subject to a minimum order value of £250 plus VAT.
Mapping from the Collins Discovery Atlas – created from World Explorer Premium
Mapping from the Times Comprehensive Atlas of the World – created from World Explorer Premium