World MidScales Explorer is a medium scale digital map in vector format which is suitable for use at scales up to 1:750,000.
- Designed and maintained by the team behind the prestigious Times Comprehensive Atlas of the World, the accuracy and authority of the content is second to none.
- Coverage: North America (except northern Canada), South America (southern Brazil, Uruguay, central Chile and central Argentina), Europe (to 52 degrees East, including the Caucuses), Africa (over 40 countries, mostly around the coastal regions), Middle East, South and South East Asia, Far East, South East Australia, New Zealand.
- Suitable for use at scales up to 1:750,000.
- Consistent in scale, content and specification.
- Boundaries are rigorously checked and verified in order to give an accurate picture of world political geography.
- Updated annually.
- 653 feature codes.
- The rich feature coding supports complex GIS applications.
- Covers many countries around the world.
- Database is constantly being expanded.
- Complex feature coding provides enormous flexibility when designing maps, but to ensure the user is up and running quickly, World MidScales Explorer comes complete with ESRI ArcMap document files (mxd).
Create attractive and accurate maps for television broadcast, defence and strategic planning, the production of customised printed and web based mapping and global location based queries.
Vector data for ESRI users are supplied as Shape files. For MapInfo users, data are supplied in either TAB or MID/MIF format. Other formats are available on request. Coordinate system used is Geographic coordinates – WGS84.
This product is continuously maintained and released annually.
|Licence Term||3 months||6 months||1 year||2 years (pa)||3 years (pa)|
|Internet b2b (non commercial)||£1873||£2997||£4995||£4496||£4246|
|Internet b2b (i.e. ASP etc)||£4683||£7493||£12,488||£11,239||£10,614|
- Single-user: Internal use only by 1 user. Unlimited internal business use hard copy dissemination. After the first year, single-user 1 year licences are discounted by 50%. Minimum order value applies.
- Multi-user : Internal use only by licensed number of concurrent users either accessing the data from individual PCs or via an intranet. Unlimited internal business use hard copy dissemination.
Corporate: Internal use by an unlimited number of users either accessing the data from individual PCs or via an intranet. Unlimited internal business use hard copy dissemination. External – unlimited use of data within b2c web applications.
- Internet b2c: Use of data within free to access, public facing web applications. Data may reside and be accessed from a single internet server utilising a Unique Reference Locator (URL) domain address. Multi domain names may exist for the single internet server.
- Internet b2b: Use of data within revenue generating web applications. Data may reside and be accessed from a single internet server utilising a Unique Reference Locator (URL) domain address. Multi domain names may exist for the single internet server.
All fees above are subject to VAT where appropriate.
When available, updates will be supplied at no cost as part of the licence.
Collins Bartholomew offers a flexible approach to licensing and data supply, so please contact us if the structure above does not meet your requirements.
All licence purchases are subject to a minimum order value of £250 plus VAT.