Global digital map in raster format, consistent in scale, content and specification across the whole world. It is derived from World Explorer providing an accurate and authoritative map of the whole world.
- Derived from World Explorer Premium, therefore showing many of the features listed in that product
- World reference style mapping
- Covers all countries, territories and sovereign states around the world
- Consistent in look and content across the globe
- Boundaries rigorously checked and verified to give an accurate picture of world political geography
- Includes international boundaries and disputed territories for all countries
- Available in TIFF format and includes either ESRI TFW files or MapInfo TAB files for geo-referencing (other formats may be available on request)
- Available in either Lat/Long or Mercator projections
- Updated annually
Perfect for use as a background world map with your own geo-referenced location data.
World Panorama is supplied in TIFF format with associated geo-referencing files such as .AUX, .XML, .TFW, or .TAB. The TIFF images can also be used as stand-alone GeoTIFFs since the coordinate system and extent information is embedded in the header.
These TIFF files are available in two colour depths; 8 bit, 256 colour or 24 bit, 16.7 million colours. The 24 bit option is best used for printing purposes whereas the 8 bit option is more suitable for use on the web. In both cases, the majority of the colours used in the colour palette are for anti-aliasing. Anti-aliasing produces a smooth edge between colours and reduces a jagged, pixelated look.
All the images were generated entirely by digital methods with no optical scanning involved. The colours are pure and consistent throughout the complete set of images.
|Licence Term||3 months||6 months||1 year||2 years (pa)||3 years pa|
|Internet b2c (non commercial)||£373||£597||£995||£896||£846|
|Internet b2c (i.e. ASP etc)||£933||£1493||£2488||£2239||£2114|
- Single-user: Internal use only by 1 user. Unlimited internal business use hard copy dissemination. After the first year, single-user 1 year licences are discounted by 50%. Minimum order value applies.
- Multi-user : Internal use only by licensed number of concurrent users either accessing the data from individual PCs or via an intranet. Unlimited internal business use hard copy dissemination.
- Corporate: Internal use by an unlimited number of users either accessing the data from individual PCs or via an intranet. Unlimited internal business use hard copy dissemination. External – unlimited use of data within b2c web applications.
- Internet b2c: Use of data within free to access, public facing web applications. Data may reside and be accessed from a single internet server utilising a Unique Reference Locator (URL) domain address. Multi domain names may exist for the single internet server.
- Internet b2b: Use of data within revenue generating web applications. Data may reside and be accessed from a single internet server utilising a Unique Reference Locator (URL) domain address. Multi domain names may exist for the single internet server.
All fees above are subject to VAT where appropriate.
When available, updates will be supplied at no cost as part of the licence.
Collins Bartholomew offers a flexible approach to licensing and data supply, so please contact us if the structure above does not meet your requirements.
All licence purchases are subject to a minimum order value of £250 plus VAT.
Below is sample mapping created from the World Panorama dataset.